(Click on Artist for Reviews and Previews)
BIRDSONGS OF THE MESOZOIC + Trinary System
21+ General Admission
Ages of 10 years and older must purchase zone seating and be accompanied by an adult
Advanced Tickets are available until 4PM - 11/5/15
(if not Sold Out prior)
Guaranteed Seating: For guaranteed seating, purchase a ticket in one of the main room zones A-G, arrive within designated time which is under the Additional Information on this event page / in your confirmation email, and purchase dinner that evening. $15 FOOD minimum per person plus 7% meal tax.
General Admission does NOT guarantee seating. Bar area is unreserved, first come first served, and offers a full menu. Fifteen minutes before music begins, unoccupied tables in the main room are open for all patrons.
ZONES ARRIVAL TIMES
Section A 6:00 – 6:30pm
Section B 5:45 – 6:15pm
Section D 5:30 – 6:00pm
Section E 6:00 – 6:30pm
Section F 5:30 – 6:00pm
Section G 6:15 – 6:45pm
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All tables seat either four or two. If you don’t purchase all of the seats, you may be seated with others.
- If zoned seating is not available for purchase on this event page, it means that there are only General Admission still available ( all dining room tables are already reserved).
- When purchasing a ticket in a Zone, you are not guaranteed a particular seat. Seats are assigned at venue’s discretion.
- If you are unable to make your section’s arrival time or need to cancel your dinner reservation, please call 617-776-2004 DAY OF SHOW, ONLY AFTER 4PM. TICKETS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Ages 10+ may attend with a parent and dinner/show combo ticket.
- General Admission or Fri/Sat shows starting 9pm & later are ALWAYS 21+.
- Fees Apply to all online purchases.
- Limited number of admissions are available "cash only" at door on any given night, on first come first serve basis. The door price may vary from advance price.
Please call venue (617) 776-2004 after 4pm for specific set times and more information, or follow us on Facebook / Twitter.
Day of Show Door Price : $ 10 (cash only)
Birdsongs of the Mesozoic:
Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic began in 1980 as a side project by half of Boston's now legendary Mission Of Burma, Roger Miller and Martin Swope. Miller and Swope joined forces with Rick Scott and Erik Lindgren for what was originally conceived as a recording project only. In 1983, they released a self-titled EP, Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic. With the demise of Mission Of Burma at about the same time as the EP's release, Birdongs Of The Mesozoic became a full-time band for all members.
In 1984 they released another LP, Magnetic Flip, and began extensive touring to support its release. A year later they released another EP, Beat Of The Mesozoic, and again set out on tour. In 1987, Roger Miller left the group to concentrate on solo projects and was replaced by saxophonist Ken Field. Birdsongs' new lineup recorded Faultline, released on Cuneiform (Rune 19). Their second Cuneiform release, Pyroclastics (Rune 35), appeared in 1992. Shortly afterwards, guitarist Michael Bierylo replaced Martin Swope, who moved to Hawaii. In 1993 a collection of previously unreleased material from 1980-1987 featuring the band's first lineup and accompanied by a written history, The Fossil Record (Rune 55) paid tribute to Birdsongs' early years. 1995's Dancing On A'A (Rune 69) was the first Birdsongs release to feature the current lineup of the group, which has been performing ever since to widespread acclaim. Birdsongs' instrumentation is as striking as its music: two keyboards, guitar, and saxophone blend with electronic and acoustic percussion (including a Mercury Cougar hubcap and a paint can) to produce sound "...as meditative as it is physical, as rooted in classical structure and jazz improvisation as it is in rock 'n roll." (The Boston Globe)
Miller's primary motive for forming The Trinary System was to free his guitar playing from a post-punk environment. The band started with songs he wrote that didn't make sense for Mission of Burma. Delving deeper into the full history of rock viewed hazily through his 2014 surrealistic/psychedelic nature, with perhaps a bit of funk pelting the proceedings from the wings, Miller is opening things up.
The band played 6 gigs (2013-2015) before going into Sonelab Studios in Easthampton, MA, to record a 5-song EP/session this May. Basic tracks were recorded and came out rock solid. Vocals and overdubs began in early June.